- (931) 372 6302
Host a Tennessee Highway Patrol presentation at your school.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol (THP) is a division of the Tennessee Department of Safety (TDOS) and is comprised of eight districts across the state of Tennessee. The mission of the Tennessee Highway Patrol is to ensure safe and efficient transportation while promoting highway safety through enforcement and education. This mission will be achieved by aggressive patrol, criminal interdiction, intelligence gathering, and investigation. The Tennessee Highway Patrol will partner with all levels of local, state, and the federal government to serve the citizens of Tennessee and provide emergency and specialty services when needed.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol can provide the Roll Over Car for presentations, as well as the "Got Nailed" car to display at your high schools. Each presentation with a demonstration vehicle will be worth 300 points separately!
1. Contact your district's Safety Education Officer to schedule a presentation at your school. Safety Education Officers (by district) are available at the following link: Tennessee Highway Patrol Safety Education.
To Get Your Points:
1. Invite a Tennessee Highway Patrol Officer to speak at your school on a teen driver safety topic. Points will be awarded based on the topic(s) covered. Examples include: Underage Drinking and Driving (Mock DUIs); Texting and Driving (Distracted Driving); and Seatbelt Safety Between the Barrels
2. Photograph/video this event.
3. Click "Submit Your Points."
4. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county, and school.
5. Upload photos/video of your presentation (including the names of all those pictured) as well as a brief description of the activity.