- (931) 372 6383
Sponsor a AAA School Safety Patrol.
500 Points - High school students can help start and sponsor a AAA School Safety Patrol at a nearby elementary or intermediate school. AAA School Safety Patrols have helped students across the country stay safe for more than 95 years.
100 Points - If the school does not want a safety patrol, high school students could use principles found in School Safety Patrol material to teach elementary/intermediate school students basic, safe walking practices. Teaching these principles will mean high school students themselves must become familiar with safe walking practices, and safe driving around pedestrians.
1. Contact AAA in Knoxville for more information and material.
2. Contact local elementary or intermediate school for permission to either set up a School Safety Patrol, or conduct a pedestrian safety program.
3. Work with school officials and AAA to develop enjoyable training activities customized to local needs, including goals, pre- to post-program knowledge, and behavior change measurement.
4. Conduct activities.
5. Conduct assessments.
To get your points:
1. Take photos and videos during your School Safety Patrol activities, and confirmation of assessments completed.
2. Click "Submit Your Points."
3. Enter the name of the submitter and select the activity completed, the county, and school.
4. Upload your photo/video footage and a brief description of the activity (including the date of completion and any people pictured in the photo).
**Note -- Points for all award levels will be counted instantaneously, but the Silver Award will not be granted until a participating school has earned the Bronze Award!**